Why Am I So Unhappy? -Reasons, signs and how to overcome unhappiness
Why am I so unhappy
Many of us, if no longer all of us, have discovered ourselves in low moments when the whole thing looks meaningless.
Others can also be searching for complete happiness and playing their own life, however for you, you experience emptiness and helplessness.
Unhappiness is a feeling of being sad or discontent. It is a state characterized by emotions ranging from mild discontentment to deep grief
Why Am I Unhappy? – 12 Reasons
It’s a question for the ages: why am I so unhappy?
Why does it seem like everyone around you has things to do, places to be, and events to be excited about, while you are permanently stuck in a state of emptiness, numbness, and unhappiness?
What is it about life and happiness that everyone else seems to get but you just can’t figure out? Why do you feel that you don’t have a happy life?
From my personal experience, I can boldly say that these are some reasons why you could be filled with unhappiness.
- You compare yourself with others: There are so many people in the world. People are competing for salaries, achievements, and the matters they own in this life. Also, social media and developments in applied sciences have made us examine ourselves with those around us. For instance, when your friend buys a new car, you additionally choose to buy yours. All these lead to individualism and opposition amongst ourselves. As a result, we grow to be lonely in search of wealth and matters that will outdo others. In the end, we come to be sad people.
- Holding on to anger and negativity: Probably you were betrayed by people you trusted so much. Don’t keep holding on to that in your everyday life; you want to go on. You can’t have peace when you keep holding on to the terrible things that happened to you in the past. You will continue blaming them and discovering reseasons to stay unhappy.
- You are stuck in the past/ worried about the future: What occurred to you in the past? Maybe you got scammed and lost a lot of money or you regret missing an amazing opportunity? If you keep searching again and living on the poor activities in your life, you will probably grow to be unhappy. Also, you may additionally be anxious about your future, will you graduate from school with a first-class? will you get a job immediately after you graduate? All these steal the very own happiness you ought to be enjoying.
- You fail to pursue your desires and passions: Most people are living unfulfilled lives because they are in the wrong careers. For example, your parents may desire you to be a Doctor, but you prefer to be a Journalist. Hence you pursue what your mother and father want as an alternative to what you prefer to pursue. This can make you feel unhappy due to the fact that you don’t have a passion for what you are doing.
- Worrying about matters you can’t control: Worrying about matters beyond our control is bad for our mental health. Yes, you can spend a few moments questioning what the future holds, however, don’t get caught there because it will make you anxious.
- Surrounding yourself with terrible people: As the saying goes, you are who you encompass yourself with. Therefore, the type of human beings you associate yourself with impacts your life. If you relate with human beings who consider that it is tough to make it in their career, you will possibly have the same mentality. Also, if you are surrounded by using people who are constantly angry, you will be a reproduction of their behavior. Hence, if your friends are full of negativity in this life, you will possibly purchase their negative feelings into your life, making you unhappy.
- Isolating yourself: People are naturally social creatures. However, In the existing world, you can have interaction with an individual regardless of their geographical location, we have emerged as lonely and depressed compared to the days of face-to-face interactions. People have grown to be greater self-centered and consequently lack the hobby to domesticate excellent relationships with others. This has resulted in loneliness and has stolen the actual happiness of an exquisite relationship.
How do I know if I’m unhappy? – 10 signs
Unhappy people are sure to experience some of the following:
- You are always complaining
- Decline in health
- Lack of sleep
- You don’t pay interest to yourself
- You are involved in terrible habits
- You feel annoyed often
- Frequent ideas of loss of life or suicide
- Getting irritated over petty things
- Communication changes
- Being anxious for no reason
- Being absent-minded
9 Tips on how to overcome unhappiness
Feeling sad is not wrong, however, residing in it can take away your happiness. If you are chronically unhappy, you can follow the following tips on how to overcome unhappiness.
Here are 18 suggestions that can assist you deal with sad emotions;
- Accept you are unhappy: The first step to dealing with terrible ideas is to take delivery of that feeling. Also, do now not sense awful about it.
- Pinpoint what is making you unhappy: What is making you have unhappy thoughts? Try looking into the big picture. Could it be your own family or that you lack healthy relationships? Is it your own thoughts? low self-esteem? Do you feel you don’t have a fulfilling life? Sometimes, it is effortless to understand what is making you sad such as negative events like being laid off from work, however, in different instances, you may also be unaware of what precisely is inflicting it. When you can’t identify the reason for unhappiness, journal how you feel-take a pen and write for about 5 minutes before stopping. It will assist you to specify your thoughts and what should be bringing you down.
- Enjoy yourself: What makes you happy? You have a treasured lifestyle to make the best out of it. Find exciting things to do such as swimming, looking at movies, or touring the park to set off your tremendous moods. Engage in such each time you experience negative emotions. Besides, pursue what you love and remember we only live once, so enjoy the present moment, don’t just live life, live your best life and do positive things with real friends.
- Speak out: Rather than constantly thinking of how to hide your unhappiness, you should speak out. Don’t lock yourself at home, step out of your comfort zone and meet positive people that will listen to what you have to say and provide solutions to your challenges.
- Be positive: Thinking positively helps you overcome negative thoughts in life. Stop focusing on the ignored possibilities in the past and start focusing on self-development, finding happiness, and knowing your self-worth. 1Stop regretting missed opportunities because, at the end of the day, there are more to come. When you begin to be positive, you can have the most exceptional existence ever in this world. This is due to the fact that your thinking will no longer entertain terrible electricity from your previous errors or failure and you will also impact positively on other people’s lives.
- Work on your self-esteem: Low shallowness is something that can steal your actual happiness for years. To work on yourself, you want to recognize what makes you experience low. Is it that you are not okay with your height, or in all likelihood, you have a disability? Once you have identified the cause, you will recognize yourself the way you are and it will assist you to overcome the doubt you may be having in your direction of yourself. Self-help also helps you to improve dramatically.
- Do exercise: Whenever you experience unhappiness, it would be fantastic to work out a few instances a week to improve your physical health and lose weight. You can jog around the compound or do some press-ups. You may experience physical pain a little but it will assist your physique, help you relax, and your intelligence produces endorphins, which will naturally make you happier. Besides, exercising helps your physique to turn out to be extra suit and flexible, and don’t forget to get enough sleep and eat healthy- not junk food.
- Be grateful: Your daily life should be filled with gratitude. One of the excellent approaches to overcoming disappointment is to remind yourself to be grateful for the little things, such as the breath. Being grateful will assist you to stay high-quality in instances of the storm. It will assist you to see the massive photograph of life. It will assist you to recognize that you might also be below at the current moment, however, matters can alternate at any time and emerge as better.
- Surround yourself with fantastic people: Who are the people you spend most of your time with? Build a great relationship with close friends. Surround yourself with people with positive emotions and the right mindset. It’s not just about surrounding, spending time with people that are concerned about your well-being, people that motivate and encourage you not people that try to stop you from achieving your life purpose. They will lift you up, provide you with helpful information and assist you to keep away from being helpless. You will be in a position to comprehend that existence is a ride with ups and downs. Also, this is a friendly reminder that a person’s happiness shouldn’t be dependent on another person.