“Whitney Adeniran was electrocuted” – Alleged Chrisland student claims in leaked audio (Listen)
An alleged Chrisland student has claimed that Whitney Adeniran, a 12-year-old student who died during the school’s inter-house sports event, died of electrocution.
The yet-to-be identified student who made this claim in a trending audio said that contrary to the school’s claim that Whitney slumped, she died after mistakenly touching a naked wire from a cotton candy vending machine.
“We went for inter-house sport and in my own school, we do go to the stadium. In the stadium, there are machines like cotton candy vendor machine, popcorn machine and stuff like that.
Her mouth was foaming; her veins were popping. Her tongue just disappeared, they now poured water on her and took her to the back, and then they took her to the hospital,” the purported student said in the audio.
Listen to the audio below,
Recall that the deceased’s mother, identified as Mrs. Blessing Adeniran, recently took to social media to demand answers from the management of Chrisland High School in Lagos state after her 12-year-old daughter, Desola Whitney Adeniran, slumped and died while attending the school’s Interhouse sports held at the Agege Stadium last Thursday, February 9.
In a video uploaded on social media, the heartbroken mother stated that she was at the event to watch her daughter compete.
She explained that she felt concerned when she did not see her daughter during the previous match as well as other athletic activities.
According to her, she went to the location where the pupils were all confined to check on her child but a male student informed her that a particular Whitney had fainted and had been transported to the hospital.
Mrs. Adeniran said one of the staff saw her and told her that Whitney had been rushed to the hospital and on getting there, she met her daughter’s corpse.
She said up till now, the school has not given full details, about what happened to her child.
The devastated mother said that the school claimed her 12-year-old had a cardiac arrest and collapsed but her daughter was not unwell and had no pre-existing heart issue, and she is perplexed as to why she would have a cardiac arrest. Read here.
However, the school management in a statement on Sunday said the Whitney slumped in “public view and not under any hidden circumstances,” adding that she was rushed to the nearest medical facility for first aid.
“Our immediate response was to take advantage of proximity to first aid, by identifying the nearest medical facility to take her to, where the doctor on duty, administered oxygen and every aid possible on her,” the statement read in part.