Welcome to the year 2022!
Happy New Year! As another chapter of our lives has come to an end, it’s that time of year when we reflect on what has gone before and what is yet to take flight. May you take time to reflect upon and acknowledge your accomplishments, your dreams and those who matter most to you in your life.
I love January. It’s a month of fresh starts and a time to refocus. It’s definitely fun to celebrate with friends and family and make a list of resolutions, but you don’t need to wait for January 1st roll around to make a life change. I know I sound like a big corn ball, but you literally have the opportunity to start fresh every morning.
The year 2021 is now in the past and the year 2022 is here. . Nonetheless, we felt the past twelve months were challenging, exciting, and frightening at times… But we all learned a lot and grew even more!
What did you achieve in the Year 2021?
One of my greatest achievements of 2021 was launching gracesmartsblog. The journey has not been easy but God has been faithful. We started off with a blog I created myself. I didn’t really know much about blogging then but you can check out my post on why I started blogging here.
I remember the day I got frustrated because I wanted to change the theme of my blog but I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. I would pick a theme and there would be something that I didn’t like about the theme, then I would pick another one etc etc. I was actually just going back and forth.
We started from gracesmartsblog.wordpress.com, then we progressed to gracesmartsblog.ml and by God’s grace, we are finally at gracesmartsblog.com
There is really so much to be thankful for. I mean some people who entered into 2021 with you aren’t alive today. But God has given you the gift of life. You made it to 2022! Coronavirus has infected a lot of people but not you! You are as fit as a fiddle.You have a family and a home, you’re not homeless. You have food to eat and water to drink. The list just goes on and on because God has truly been faithful.
I’m sure we all have personal goals we achieved in 2021. It may be academic breakthrough, spiritual breakthrough, financial breakthrough, maybe you even found your special person 😉 Well if you didn’t achieve anything this year, 2022 will definitely be your year of breakthrough!
Don’ts for the Year 2022
I don’t want want to say “New year, New me”, but this year, we are definitely going to make some changes this year. These are some of the things you shouldn’t do this year.
- Don’t just expect people to read your mind, communicate.
- Don’t just live in fear, go for it.
- Don’t just repeat mistakes, find the lesson and apply it.
- Don’t just learn from your mistakes, learn from others’ too.
- Don’t just give your energy to anyone, protect yourself.
- Don’t just disregard your boundaries, honor them.
- Don’t just belittle where you are in life, appreciate small wins.
- Don’t just settle for anything, set and live by standards.
- Don’t just obsess over the end goal, enjoy the process.
- Don’t just be a resource to everyone else, prioritize yourself.
Affirmations for the year 2022
An affirmation is a carefully formatted statement that should be repeated to one’s self and written down frequently. For affirmations to be effective, it is said that they need to be present tense, positive, personal and specific. These are some of our affirmations for this year.
- I am enough.
- I love my body.
- My potential is limitless.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I align myself with peace, progress and abundance.
- I am deserving of good love.
- I am not stressing over things I cannot control.
- I have the power to make my dreams come true.
- I release all chains that hinder my growth.
- Everything I go through is working in my favor.
Today marks a new year, new month, new day, new hour, new minute, new second. For some people, today also marks a new age. Happy new year everyone🥳